I was so busy today at work that I skipped taking a lunch and ate at my desk. But then I ended up finishing my work by the “8 hour mark” so packed I up and headed out. Normally, I would have stayed until my regular quitting time but since I had a date with the bike lane – I was really happy to be getting out earlier than expected so I could get my run on!!!
Can I just tell you how giddy and happy I felt racing home to go for my run? Here are some random thoughts I had during today’s “supposed to be speed training” session:
- Bald men in sports car convertibles make me giggle.
- “We’ve become the walls we raise..” so true. So deep, Matchbox Twenty!
- Ah…I see the newborn pigeons are finally hatched just in time to crap all over the roofs in my neighborhood for the winter.
- Why is it that I can seem to run the normal pace but my walking pace has drastically reduced?
- My breathing is a lot more controlled today. So thankful the lungs bounce back so quickly!
- If you’re not supposed to drink and drive then how is it that there are so many broken bottles out here in the bike lane? Or do people ride their bikes and then toss their bottles? Or do people just hang out on the sidewalk drinking? I am very curious.
- The only crap part about putting dinner in the crock pot before work is that I am starving all day as a result. So weird.
- Dear Left Leg…you have never been a good running partner. You’re the one always acting up. Shameful!
- I wonder if anyone just saw me totally rock out to that song?
- Why is the grass at the park all brown? It was all green Sunday? I wonder if it wasn’t grass but instead just green weeds?
- I’m feeling very curious on this run today.
- I hope that UPS man is heading to my house with D’s eye patches.
- Hmm..I’m not liking my profile in that shadow.
I ran/walked 1.87 miles in 26:32 minutes, a 14:11 pace. The leg wasn’t nearly as sore as it was when I ran on Sunday!
Do you have a leg that always gives you problems?
Do you giggle when it’s time to go for your run?
What’s for dinner tonight?