Changing things up and went for a morning run this Wednesday since I’m normally wiped out by the time I leave work. I don’t like running in the dark but…you do what you gotta do..with caution, of course!!
Some random thoughts during today’s run:
- I wonder what that flashing orange light is up there? I could go that way and find out. Um…hello?!? It’s probably to attract you that way so the boogie man can get you! Ignore the orange flashing light!!!
- Aww…all these people in their cars on the road at 5ish in the morning..that use to be me!
- Ha! I use to be jealous of the runners out on mornings like this…now I’m the runner out on a morning like this!
- Speaking of “mornings like this”– the weather is fabulous!!!
- WTH, leg??? You’ve felt fine all week and now you’re gonna act like we’re at the very beginning of this injury??? Why do you hate me??
- If my leg would cooperate, I could go a whole lot faster. It is horrible to not take advantage of this lovely weather and run faster!!
- Okay, so I have a half marathon in 4′ish weeks…I guess I’m about to find out what it’s like to walk 13.1 miles!!!!
- Is this injury ever going to heal??
- Maybe I should just quit running for good.
- Maybe I should get a second opinion about this injury in my leg?
- Maybe I should stretch more religiously and perhaps ice the foot?!
- Why is the body so complicated?
- Why isn’t this run over already?
- K is going to KILL me if I get hurt today and jeopardize our plans this weekend.
- Maybe a run on Friday isn’t a good idea?!
I ran/walked 1.79 miles in 27:48 minutes, a 15:31 pace. Which is a LOT slower than my pace was last Wednesday. I honestly do not get it. But I don’t have time to ponder all the mysteries that is my injury, I must get ready for work!
Have a great Wednesday!!!
Got any theories about my mysterious leg injury?
What is your favorite day of the week?
What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?