I had worked out this whole idea of what I was thankful for earlier this week:
- VW America offered to pay one of my car payments.
- I got my Daisy (VW Beetle) back Monday evening!
- The Zyrtec seems to be keeping my allergies more in control
Except, before I could even write today’s post, 2 out of 3 of the things I was thankful for kinda fell apart
- One of the issues my car was in the shop for is still an issue. So, Daisy has to go back in to the shop.
- My allergies were out of control today, thanks to yesterday’s weather! Not to the extent they were on Saturday but bad enough to make me itch my eyes all day. I guess that’s better than sneezing so often and violently that I pulled a muscle in my neck!
The situation with my car has really put me in a funky mood and I’ve been trying to play Pollyanna’s Glad Game all day!
- I’m glad it’s my car and not my kids
- I’m glad VW is taking it seriously and working with me to fix it
- I’m glad I have a car
- I’m glad I have my health
- I’m glad I have food
- I have nice friends
…you get the idea.
During my lunch I was watching a movie (Cruel Intentions) on my phone (I ❤ SmartPhones..especially my iPhone!!) and in the movie the people were sending each other letters, calling each other on an actual landline telephone, and showing up at each other’s doors to see if the person was home so they could talk. I kept thinking, “Why don’t they just text or use their cell phones? They sure are doing a lot of running around in this movie, sheesh!” Then it occurred to me, because I’m dense, that the movie was made in 1999! Hello!?!? I also thought that my iPhone makes me lazy because instead of writing out some long old letter (like I use to, I had lots of pen pals in the 90’s), I just send texts, email, instant message or post on Facebook. I can’t remember the last time I drove all the way over to someone’s house just to talk to them or to see if they were home. Who does that? My brain has been all over the place today – as you may notice.
On a happier note..I stopped by the rec center on the way home to check out the facility and walked the 1/10th of a mile indoor track (1 loop). (History on me, I have been running since August 2010 but have never once run on a treadmill.) I signed up for the 1 week free pass and plan to officially test out the indoor track tomorrow afternoon. I’m excited and nervous, all at the same time. The nice lady at the rec center also gave me a copy of their fitness classes and there are a couple that caught my eye, I’m going to try and check those out next week as well. Fingers crossed this will all work out for me. I can’t run in this 90*+ temperatures for much longer and waking up at o’dark thirty and running in the dark doesn’t work for me, either. So this rec center is my only hope/last resort!
What are you glad for?