It’s 101* in Phoenix today. Boy was I thankful I was headed to the gym to run indoors! Here are some random thoughts I had during today’s speed training run…
- It’s not as cool in here as one might expect for a gym…maybe the gym is trying to save money or conserve energy..
- All those people working out on stationary machines could probably generate some power…they should figure out a way to hook those machines up to a generator or something..
- Would someone please explain to me why these people like to walk at a slow and casual pace in the wrong direction on the jogging track?
- I’m totally counting how many times I’ve lapped that dude. Wha ha ha ha!!!
- This inability to spit indoors is becoming problematic…
- WTF?!! Dude!!! I almost just plowed right in to you!! (Because he was standing on the curve (in a blind spot) and walking in the wrong freakin’ direction). You’re lucky all I could muster up was a “sheesh” because I should have cussed you out!!!
- Is my heart pounding so hard because I’m running so fast or because I almost slammed in to that moron?!?!
- Where’d that guy go that I almost ran right in to (would have been his fault, of course)? I bet he’s hiding in a corner until I leave!
- I can’t get over how many people are paused from lifting weights while they text. Seriously!?
- I really need to buy a foam roller…I really need to buy a foam roller…I really need to buy a foam roller.
- If I’m running at a 6-7 minute mile and I slam right in to someone who is either stopped or walking in the wrong direction on the jogging track, I wonder if insurance would cover the damage. I wonder who would get hurt the most. Me? Or them? Probably me because that’s how it work.
- Hot damn it is hot when I run in front of these windows. Holy Moly!
- I sure am glad I don’t have to run outside today..just running in front of those windows slows me down. Can’t imagine being outside running in this.
Ran 2.24 miles in 27:15 minutes. I tried out some new socks during today’s run but I don’t think they’re right for running. Run and learn.
How’s your Wednesday going?