When I got to the gym I realized I had forgotten my Fuel Belt (water) and hair tie! I thought, for one split second, that I wouldn’t bother with my run but I pushed on. After all, it’s on my “schedule” and after yesterday’s brush with reality (mirrors in the exercise room that don’t lie), I had no real excuses to not run. So I pulled my hair up and wrapped it around my visor as best I could:
(D took this picture for me..we don’t keep her around for her picture taking inabilities!)
Without further adieu, I present you with my random thoughts during today’s run:
- It feels a lot lighter running without my Fuel Belt. Next time I wear it I should weigh myself with the belt on and then weigh without it. I bet it weighs a good pound or two when all the bottles are full of water.
- I still can’t figure out why these guys don’t realize they’re in my way and not vice versa! This is the jogging trail..not the hold heavy weights and do lunges trail.
- I’ve lapped those walking ladies 5 times now…
- 1, 2, 3, 4…people texting while just hanging out on machines…or perhaps they’re blogging?! 🙂
- Awe, my husband is being so sweet high-fiving me as I run by but I’m not feeling it today..
- I can’t believe my son is moving away 1 week from today..
- Whoa! Water just dropped on my back arm..eww!!!!! Wait…that “water” was the sweat from the back of my neck. Ewww!!! Gross.
- Why am I grossed out by my own sweat?
- I love that this place is not nearly as busy on Friday nights…there’s not nearly the amount of morons just wandering aimlessly on the track!
- Those cross training classes seem to be working, I feel like everything is lining up a little easier today…
- I don’t even care that those older dudes have lapped me….a couple of times now..but who’s counting? Oh..right, they probably are! I would!
- The sucky part about running on an indoor track is the clocks they have everywhere. Time seems to pass by so slowly!
- Yes, please, just stand in the middle of the track and continue dribbling your ball while staring at me like a deer caught in headlights.. It’s my pleasure to completely weave around you!
- 3 minutes until I’m done…time flies when you stop looking at the clock!
Ran 4.02 miles in 45:48 minutes. The mileage was definitely lower than last weeks 45 minute run but I think that’s because I had to physically stop to drink water. I stopped for no longer than 5 seconds each water break but that can definitely affect the time. I wasn’t feeling the run before I even started but I knew I’d be glad I did it when I was done..I was right.
What are your plans this Friday night??