Ha ha ha. I just realized I ran 6.2 miles on 6-2! Glad I didn’t quit at the 1 hour mark or I wouldn’t have had that little 6.2 & 6-2 thing to amuse me.
I wasn’t going to do my long run today because I was feeling so emotionally drained after yesterday. I also drank some beer from San Tan Brewing Co. and that can affect my performance. Late last night I got a HUGE surprise and decided if I didn’t do my long run Saturday morning, it wasn’t going to happen at all this weekend. (More on the huge surprise later!!) I didn’t sleep well last night so getting up at 5 am to run before the sun beat down on me wasn’t going to happen. This all translates to a long run on a 1/10th of a mile indoor running track and the mind numbing, random thoughts are as follows:
- 8:18 am at the gym and it’s pretty empty in here.
- I’m not feeling this today…feels like every step I take requires huge effort..ugh..why did I say I’d run 90 minutes?
- That can’t be comfortable having your underwear dig in to your butt like that, lady! And it’s uncomfortable that I have to look at that. Gross.
- I can’t imagine wearing a hijab while working out. I wonder if she has a sweat band under there. God bless her, it’s hot enough working out but keeping your entire head wrapped in the process is incredible.
- It can’t be safe for those girls to be working out in flip flops! It would be nice, however, if they wore shorts that appropriately covered their behinds!
- That’s hilarious, that dude hears me coming up behind him again and he breaks out in to a full sprint. Never mind I’ve already been on this track for 30 minutes and you just got here! Sheesh.
- I’ll cut my work out to 60 minutes instead, I really don’t want to do 90 minutes. Does that make me a DNF??
- Yes, please, take your sweet time crossing the race track. When I’m done with this, I’ll come stand in front of your machines so I can get in the way of you and your workout, seems fair, doesn’t it? People are so rude!
- I am so excited about today!
- I need a new bathing suit top.
- I need shorts, the pair I have has a hole in it.
- I really should not have drank all that beer last night.
- I wonder if it’s inappropriate to call J and tell him I’d like a phone call every day?
- Alright, 60 minutes are done but I’m not quite to 6.2 miles. I can do 6.2 miles..c’mon, get your butt in gear.
- I don’t understand why people like to stand and look down on to the basketball courts. For one, they’re blocking the jogging lane and for two, is it that interesting??
- I really miss running outside but there’s no way I could 6.2 miles out there today, just running past the windows nearly causes me a heat stroke. (It’s already 95* at 10 am!!!)
- 6.2 done. DONE! Now you can stop staring at me as I run past your bike, creepo!
I ran 6.2 miles in 1:06:56. I just recovered with my favorite, Fage with cherries – yum-o-licious. I have a lot to do today but first I need to run to Kohl’s and see about a bathing suit top and a pair of shorts. I’ll share with you tomorrow about the huge surprise I got last night!! For now, I’ll leave you with this – I am blessed beyond compare!
What’s the temperature high where you are today?
Did you run today?
What’s your favorite kind of beer?