After the fabulous weekend I had, I was too
tired lazy to pack my gym clothes before heading to work this morning. This meant I wouldn’t make the 4:30 ab class. I debated with myself if I’d do my Pilates for Dummies or Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred DVD but then my seester called and said she was coming over. I use to love my workout DVD’s but now I find them painfully boring and I look for any justification excuse not to do them!
As I lazily chatted with my sister – half watching Four Weddings – I started to feel guilty for not doing my workout. After some negotiating with me, myself and I, we decided I would do the normally scheduled for Wednesday speed training session tonight. After all, K’s birthday is Wednesday and I think he’d rather we go out to dinner!
So, 6:30 pm, 104* outside, I donned my running gear and headed out for my 26 minute speed training run. I definitely encountered a few random thoughts to share with you:
- OMG! The sprinklers are on!!! I’ve missed my fun friends!!…Must..run..faster..to..get..there!
- Damn it is hot out here!!! Only a moron would run in this kind of heat. Oh…wait!
- At least the sun is a little further down so there’s at least a little shade, not that the shade does much to help but it’s better than having the sun burning holes in my skin!
- Damnit, Garmin, stop beeping at me that your memory is low. I can’t do much about that out here, now can I?
- I really wish I could sustain running in this heat because it’s so much nicer to run outside than inside..
- Why am I holding my spit in? I’m outside.. I am free to spit away!!!
- It’s only been a couple of weeks of running indoors and I’m already having massive separation anxiety from running outdoors. This is going to be a long summer.
- Running through the sprinklers never felt so good.
- I’m starting to think my iPod is trying to tell me that Brass Monkey is my power song. I definitely feel like my mood improves when the song comes on. My iPod must know something I don’t!
- Eww…I just missed stepping in dog poop!
- Who lets their dog poop on a sidewalk?
- You might have a running problem when you are running in 104* and are still trying to beat last week’s speed running mileage. For crying out loud…I may need to have my head examined.
- Yes, lady pushing the stroller – I’m running back and forth on this small stretch of sidewalk to increase my mileage. Don’t judge!
I ran 2.21 miles in 26:32 minutes.
Hi, my name is Jac, and I’m addicted to watching my mileage increase week-to-week!
Do you get a “high” watching your mileage increase week to week?
What’s the temperature where you are today?
What is your ideal temperature for running?