D being sick yesterday threw my week off and so I thought today was Wednesday when I left for work. I picked up my Wednesday paper from the front rocks (we don’t have “lawns” here in my neighborhood) and flipped through the ads (as I do most Wednesday’s). Low and behold, Happy “Wednesday” to me!!
Will definitely have to swing by the store this weekend to pick up a bottle, or two! Happy Birthday to me and K!!!
I eased in to my actual Thursday with some nice Jasmine Green tea.
I like watching the little rolled balls of tea burst open in the hot water!
I’m easily amused…sometimes.
Let’s talk goals!
Last week’s goals:
- Track my food. I did better than I’ve done in awhile. I tracked all day Monday, Tuesday and today. I tracked Wednesday morning. Baby steps.
- No alcohol on a work night. To be honest, I found some loop holes in this “goal”. I had 2 beers Sunday afternoon because it wasn’t “technically” night time. I also had 2 glasses of wine yesterday, because, again, it wasn’t technically night time yet. All in all, I think I was successful in this goal!
- Continue RW’s Summer Run Streak. I so totally succeeded at this goal! I logged 17.24 miles last week. I ran every single day for at least 1 mile a day.
Tonight was my Weight Watcher’s meeting which subsequently means “weigh in night”. For some reason I didn’t expect to see a loss on the scale. My stress level was high this week with J moving out of state and D being sick. My activity level has increased and for whatever reason, I tend to gain weight when I increase my activity. (I can’t quite figure that one out.) I decided I would go ahead and face the scale at WW’s but I wasn’t convinced I would stay for the meeting.
I’m SO glad I decided to stay for the meeting because I felt motivated and renewed while I listened to the lesson. The meeting was all about goals! Our leader, whom I adore and love, challenged us to set a June goal. I knew immediately what my June goal needed to be:
- TRACK MY FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seems simple enough, doesn’t it? Except, it’s not simple for me so that’s why it’s a great goal. Starting today with a deadline date of July 7th, I want to track my food every single day. Now I need to figure out something to reward myself with when I meet this goal!
On to a smaller scale of goals..next week’s goals:
- Track my food. Gotta take it week by week, right?
- No alcohol on a work night. Just so you’re aware, my birthday is Sunday and I’m not working Monday so..Sunday is an allowable drinking evening! 🙂
- Keep on running!! I’m really in to this Runner’s World Summer Running Streak challenge. It’s not easy every day to get that mile in but I am enjoying the challenge of doing it!!
My WW’s leader left us with this closing message today..
Phew…sounds like I have a busy week ahead of me. Now I’m sipping on this drink in hopes it keeps me healthy from whatever stomach virus D had.
What should I reward myself with if I meet my June goal?
What are your summer goals?
When’s your birthday?