Last night I met M for dinner at Pita Jungle.
(Picture from June 3, 2012 post)
We shared some tapas: hummus and pita bread, Garlic Lemon Chicken and pine nuts, Sauteed Mushrooms and M had some olives. It was lovely!
After dinner we attended a training session on running and foam rolling. I think the most important thing I learned during the foam rolling portion of the class was you should foam roll before you run! The instructor said that the pressure of the roller moves and increases the flow of blood in the areas you’re rolling, the blood moves over those muscles like a wave washing over the beach. I thought it made a lot of sense.
I got home around 9 pm and was stressing because I hadn’t run my committed mile for the Runner’s World Summer Running Streak. I didn’t want to break my streak so I quickly dressed and headed out the door to get my 1 mile in. The best thing about running in the dark is it definitely inspired me to run fast-but running in the dark is scary as hell!!! Except, running at 9 pm and wanting to get in to bed and asleep at 10 pm was not happening. After I was home, I showered but I was having some kind of coughing attack. As to not disturb K from sleeping, I went downstairs to Google about the coughing and read that it may be running induced asthma. It took quite awhile for my coughing to subside and my heart rate to slow from the running. Long story short, it wasn’t until midnight that I finally fell asleep and the alarm was set for 5 am!
I was exhausted by the time I dragged my butt in to the gym later this afternoon. But a running girl’s gotta do what a running girl’s gotta do – and that’s RUN!!! But consider yourselves warned…my thoughts today were rather grumpy:
- Fab! Because I forgot my arm band I have to carry my iPhone while I run. Grrr…. I hate carrying things in my hands while I run.
- Yes, that’s exactly where you should stand…right on the running track so you can talk to the two girls on those bikes. Don’t mind me, I’ll just weave around you every 45 seconds! Please carry on your conversation and continue flirting! Far be it from me for getting in the way of infatuation!
- It’s really hard to hold my phone in one hand and try to pull the water bottles from my Fuel Belt…
- OMG, my lungs feel like they’re going to explode but that 6:19 pace I’m rocking might be worth it..
- How is it that so many people can be walking straight towards me and yet they don’t see me?? I’m not moving, I’m in the exact spot I’m allowed to be in!
- I’m starting to think this place is used for local families to dump their teenagers. There are more kids here than anything else…I’m getting very annoyed.
- WTH is wrong with these people today!!! Yes..moron, I said “Sh*t” as I had to weave around you on the curve. You scared the sh*t out of me!
- OMG, the basketball players stink so bad I can smell them all the way up here!!!
- Here he comes, the same kid that is always in my way. One of these days I’m going to finish my run, find him at whatever machines he’s working on and just stand directly between him and the machine.. I’m not weaving, dude!!! There are clearly walkers to my right and you’re not supposed to be on the track. MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!!!!
- Seriously, dude?! You’re going to do that move on this track with all these people on it?!? (Take a step, lean over and swing your leg straight back.)
- Spaghetti for dinner sounds delish..
- Oh look, someone who learns. The dude I said “sh*t” to earlier has quickly moved out of my way this time. Maybe he could go talk to the other moron that can’t seem to get a clue!
- Wow, I’m grumpy! Glad I got my homework done on my lunch so I can just go to bed after dinner and a shower!
- I really wish I could come to the gym first thing in the AM because it seems the teenagers aren’t here at that time of the morning. Grrrr…at least the run is over for today!
I ran 2.39 miles in 28:52 minutes. I was really grumpy (if you couldn’t already tell) when I was finished I found K on the elliptical and vented very loudly about the kids in my way on the track. When I go to the gym Friday, I think I’m going to ask that they better police the teenagers because someone is really going to get hurt on that track–and it’ll probably be me! And I don’t feel like I should have to resort to running on the treadmill when they have a perfectly good running track – they just need to keep the stupid people walking in the wrong direction off it!
After I left the gym I went to Target for some breakfast, lunch and dinner items!
I was starving so picked up a cheese stick and tore in to that baby before I even left the cash register!
As soon as I was home, I ate half the bag of cherries I bought. Sadly, they didn’t have much flavor but in an effort to
control save my calories for the “clearance” bottle of wine I bought, I suffered through.
Have you tried this pasta sauce?
We’ve tried a couple of the other “flavors” and I quite like them. The ingredient list doesn’t scare me, either!
I can pronounce all the ingredients listed and there isn’t any high fructose corn syrup. The Savory Tomato sauce ended up being really tasty!
Clearly, I need to go to bed. I hate when I feel grumpier after a run than I did before the run. Boo to that!
How many hours of sleep do you need every night?
Any suggestions or tips on what I can say to the gym to inspire them to address this track issue?
Do you buy wine on clearance?