I tried the hemp hearts for the first time today. I found another article on them and thought it had some great information to share. I eat peanut butter and Omega 3 seed toast (bread is from Fresh & Easy) for breakfast every morning. I sprinkle the peanut butter with chia seeds but today I included the hemp hearts.
It was really tasty! I didn’t taste the hemp hearts too much. I did notice that it was much later in to the morning that I was finally ready for my mid-morning snack! After lunch, I finished off what I had left of the serving of hemp hearts I brought (1 tablespoon) and I alternated between dipping my cherries in them or eating the hemp hearts straight up. Either way, dipped, on toast or straight up, they were very tasty!!
This afternoon I stopped at the gym for my speed training run. I really wasn’t feeling up to a run. After all, I have run every single day for the past 23 days. That’s quite a bit considering my normal run schedule is usually 3x a week. I feel like I’m starting to burn out but I committed to this challenge and I want to see it through. With that said..let me share with you what I thought about during today’s speed training run:
- I’m so glad D wants to learn Spanish..but when she’s a teenager, she might only speak to me in Spanish just to piss me off. I might have to learn how to speak Spanish if she does.
- Feels like I’ve been walking longer than 5 minutes for this warm-up..WTH!? Stupid app…malfunctioned again! Grrr!!
- That’s right, runners, I’m running like a G6….vrrooooommmm!!!!!
- Holy SH##!!!! *Screamed out loud* That moron’s fist just made contact with my throat!!! WHO THE HELL swings their arms back like that?!?!
- I can’t tell if my heart is pumping so hard from my run or from the near disaster with that guys fist?? Who the hell swings their arms back in a busy gym like that?!
- OMG, you’ve got to be kidding me!!! *Screamed out loud, again!* 2 dudes up in here swinging their arms back as if they’re the only people in the gym?!? First my throat, now my boob!!! Come to the gym, get the sh## beat out of you by arm swingers!
- How do people not realize they’re in a gym full of people? Who the hell would be swinging their arms all over the place without any concern for the people surrounding them?!
- I’m so ticked off. It’s more dangerous to run in this gym than it is to run in the bike lane, facing oncoming traffic, with the drivers behind the wheel text messaging. This is insane. One week it’s slow moving walkers heading towards oncoming runners and next it’s arm swinging maniacs. What’s next?
- Seriously…why are dudes so threatened by a girl passing them?! Dude..seriously, I’m working on speed today. I don’t run this fast when I do my regular longer runs. I can tell that you’re clearly doing a long, consistent run. You do not need to hurry your pace just because I’m going to pass you a couple of times. Your manhood is still in tact if I pass you. Geeze, Louise!
- Someone needs to show that girl how to do push ups. I think she’s going to hurt herself with her arms like that and her head hanging down between her shoulders like that. That looks painful. No wonder she looks so miserable.
- I’m glad today is a short training session..
I ran 2.44 miles in 28:26 minutes.
Wednesday’s seem to be a really dangerous day to run at the gym on their indoor track. D suggested I run on the treadmill. I kinda have a goal to never run on a treadmill. But after today’s punches to the throat and boob, I’m starting to reconsider this running indoors thing. Thinking I might have better chances running in the 112* outdoors!
Have you ever been punched by a stranger at the gym?
Do you run on a treadmill?
What’s the hottest temperature you’ll run in?