Have you heard about the fires in Colorado, particularly Colorado Springs? There hasn’t been a lot of media coverage on it, today I checked and the headline was 6th in line. It’s a pretty massive fire!! My sister was in CO for a conference and she alerted our family to the extreme situation they were facing. Before we knew it, she called to inform us she was being evacuated from her hotel. She soon posted this picture on her Facebook!
I’ve been following the reports of the fire all day today. My heart breaks for the residents who are fleeing their homes and watching this fire rage on. My prayers are with everyone in Colorado Springs. My sister was able to evacuate and is now traveling to be with my parents. We’re very thankful she’s safe but our hearts and prayers are still with those in CO!
I figured I would lead with that story so you might have some insight as to why today’s thoughts while running are probably on the grumpy side. I wasn’t feeling this run going in to it but I did as any good runner would do, laced up my shoes and forced myself to go any way thinking, “I’ll get in to it,” or, “When it’s over I’ll be glad I did it.” Spoiler alert: At no point did either of those things come true for me today!
- Gym is a little less busy than a normal Wednesday. Maybe I won’t have any issues with morons today.
- Alright, teenager walking in the wrong direction at a slow pace…pick a side..quickly…okay…*I zigged, he zagged* *slam* *I scream out loud* SH*T!!!!! Well…just as I predicted, I have slammed in to someone and I wasn’t even going that fast. WTF?!?!
- Now I’m pissed!!!
- What is this dude doing? Runs super hard and fast for 10 seconds and then slows to a snails pace. What is he doing? He’s not getting anywhere. Is this some sort of weird cardio workout?
- Alright, now I’ve seen it all – that dude is working out in slippers! That can’t be a good idea.
- I’m really tired of the people that walk in the wrong direction on this flippin’ track. How can people be so oblivious or have such lack of concern for the dangerous situation they’re creating?!? Gawd..people suck sometimes!
- Yes, it seems like a great idea to do lunges on to a step that is 3 feet high while balancing a weight bar on your neck. Then as you step backwards off the step – mind you ON TO THE RUNNING TRACK – without looking and nearly whack me in the face with your weights…don’t bother to pay me any attention, I’m just running in my rightful spot!
- I realize you’re getting your walk on, lady, but would you mind not swinging your arms like that? You’ve hit me a couple of times now and surely you must feel it when your hand makes contact with my person! Ugh…I am so annoyed today!
- Cherries are on sale at Sprout’s this week, I really need to swing by there and get some. I won’t even have to share my 4 lb bag with D!
- This guy is jogging and keeps coming up behind me but isn’t passing me. I’m starting to think he’s checking out my butt! I don’t know if I should be flattered or creeped out?
- I need to run 11 miles this weekend and I’m already regretting it.
- Am I burning out on this running business?
- You cannot burn out on running!! You love bling. You just need to tough out the summer and then it’s back to running in the bike lane!
- OMG, I am so glad this run is almost over!!!
I ran 4.15 miles in 45:01. When I pulled in to the parking lot at the gym my car’s thermostat registered at 115*. I swear, I’m so tempted to reduce my runs to 20 minutes 3x a week and just run outside. I’m so tired of the idiots at the gym.
I did warn you I was a bit grumpy!
Smells like dinner is almost ready! I picked up a free rental at Redbox on my way home from the gym. I think we have some beer left from the brewery last night. Time to unwind!
Have you ever slammed in to a person while running?
Do you swing your arms like a wild maniac while you walk or run?
There are 7 days left in the Runner’s World Summer Running Streak Challenge – have you made it this far?