We made it to Friday!!!!
Look what I got in the mail yesterday!! I won a giveaway at Erica’s blog, Running for Bling – a girl after my own heart!
I love Nuun! I haven’t tried the grape flavor before and I am super excited to try the “All Day” version!! Whoo hoo!! Thanks, Erica!!
In other exciting news…Can I just tell you I’m a genius?
I think it was last week that I thought out loud on this blog about switching my speed training runs to Friday since the gym is less crowded.
Yeah…I’m a genius!
Here are some random thoughts during today’s speed training run:
- Forgetting my sweat band was probably not a wise move.
- I really don’t feel like doing this today.
- I can’t believe it’s our first Friday night alone with no kids and we’re at the gym. Who goes to the gym on a Friday night? Clearly not the teenagers!
- I am so hungry and I’m not even half way through this run.
- I hate these corners, they really hurt my shins as I run around them. I don’t think this is a natural position for my feet to move in.
- So I need to run 11 miles tomorrow…I wonder how much of that I’ll be able to get done outside?!
- Ugh…I have so much homework to do, it’s the last thing I want to do!
- I’m really struggling to get to the end of these run sessions. My lungs hurt. My legs hurt. I’m whining..wah wah wah!!
- That’s right, dude, I’m totally staying way ahead of you even though you lapped me on my walk break. See this race shirt I’m wearing? Oh yeah, it means I’m freakin’ awesome!
- Note to self: speed training runs on Friday are smarter since it’s a shorter run before my super long run on Saturday!
- I can’t believe how much I sweat from my head.
- I wonder how many people remember the song they were listening to when they ran the last mile of their first half marathon?! Me and Eminem will always have “No Love” as he brought me to the finish line on that glorious day! Awww…
- Okay, lady in the stall taking a poo….must you answer your phone and carry on a conversation while you do that? Awkward!!
- Girl…please run yourself straight to a store to get fitted for a running bra. You gotta get those girls under control. Someone’s gonna get hurt!
I ran 2.24 miles in 26:32 minutes. 5 more runs until I get a rest day. Can you tell I’m looking forward to it?
After I left the gym, I headed over to Redbox to use my 50 cents off coupon code! Because the Redbox at the gas station was “temporarily out of service” I had to travel all the way (3/4 of a mile) to the grocery store. I wasn’t too bothered since I came home with these babies.
I quickly tore in to my favorite snack (Fage with cherries) since I was hungry 5 minutes in to today’s run!
And before I could even finish half of this blog posting, I polished off a bowl of cherries!
Now I have to do some homework. So I must away so I can get that done and move on to the more important things in life – chilling with K and drinking beer!
Have you seen the movie version of 21 JumpStreet?
What’s your favorite Greek yogurt brand?
Do you drink beer?