Great news! My shins were feeling great today! So I had no excuse to not go to the gym and do the run I should have done yesterday…even if I didn’t feel like runnin’!
I’m at the gym, I’m getting dressed and I discover I forgot my Garmin watch. Dangit! Okay, no worries, I’ll just use my “not so accurate” Nike+ app. Except, I had taken the sensor pocket off my shoe before we went to San Diego. Okay, no worries, I’ll just run for 45 minutes and not track mileage. Except, I would have to pay attention to the gym clocks and I’ve learned that watching the clock while running on a 1/10th of a mile indoor track is TORTURE!!!! Okay, no worries, I’ll just do Friday’s “speed training” today! I won’t know the mileage because God forbid the app actually track it accurately but not an issue. It’s not always about mileage, right? Right?!?
So..yeah, apparently Thursday’s are a busy day at the gym. As my luck would have it, it was especially busy on the track. Yeah, that does not bode well for me when I need to do speed work. But here we go..some random thoughts…
- I’m pretty sure that dudes legs are as white as his tank top!
- I hate running while holding my phone in my hands!
- I really wish I had my watch, I think I am killing my speed today!
- Yes, please continue to walk two abreast and swing your arms wildly – never mind all the runners weaving along both sides of you…perhaps you could move it more to the right there?!?
- 10 seconds until a walk break and I can totally pass that dude…c’mon, give it all you got!!!
- I might be pathetic because I feel satisfaction rushing past that old dude.
- Do you honestly expect me to move….you who is running, not walking, in the wrong direction!
- Not sure what dance moves you call those but you look more like you’re having a seizure. How about you get off the running track and take your dancing skills to the classroom!
- Wow, lady..I get that you like to talk on the phone while you ride the bike but must you shout? I can hear you over my headphones!
- Oh…dancing man is now gonna box the air as he walks…interesting. Dude…maybe you should be aware that I can see you!!!
- I cannot wait until it cools off and I can do all my training outside again!!!
- OMG! Boxing-Seizure Gangster Boy has a multi-neon-colored Spongebob on the front of his t-shirt. Wow.
- Whoa!!!! Sounds like someone has a serious anger issue down there on the basketball floor. It’s just a basketball game – chillax man, that’s the 3rd time I’ve heard you have an outburst! Dang!
- I’m so glad this is over. These people are insane up in here. I think the heat really messes with people’s brains!
I don’t know how many miles I ran, I logged 2.24 miles using information from the last time I did this session in the gym, and I ran for 27:33 minutes. My craptastic app says I ran .78 miles, which would mean I did less than 8 laps around that stupid track. I can assure you I did a lot more than 8 laps! I’m debating if I’m going to run 45 minutes tomorrow or just do my 1 miler. It’s on my schedule to run 13 miles Saturday – eeekkk!!!!!!
Tinker Bell half marathon 2013 is sold out. Are you running it?
How did you do on drinking more water today?
Do you prefer to run indoors or outdoors?