I got up around 8:30 am and had the brilliant idea I’d go for my long run since the weather report was 81*. I suited up, had my toast, almond butter and chia seeds and hit the pavement. I definitely had some thoughts today!
- The weather people are big fat liar heads! 81* my sweaty butt!
- The clouds in the sky look like the Toy Story clouds!
- I’m going back to peanut butter, I don’t care if it has some funky mold – it’s delicious!
- How is it that I can turn left and am in the breeze but a moment ago, I couldn’t feel it at my side?
- Whose stupid idea was it to come out here for this run?
- Note to self: cocktails the night before a long run is the dumbest idea – EVER!
- If exercise is supposed to help with depression, how is it that when you’re depressed it’s super, super hard to exercise?
- I cannot believe I allowed this unemployment to derail my training…stupid, stupid, stupid!
- When I get home, I’m going to slam a glass of chocolate milk..
- I’ll slam that glass of chocolate milk after I chug ice cold water!
- Trying to go to a happy place but instead I’m stuck here in this miserable place.
- Wonder what’s killing all the birds?
- I’m pretty sure getting cold chills right now is a bad, bad sign.
I ran/walked 6.02 miles in 1:16:34. Yesterday, I ran 3.63 miles in about 45 minutes..it was the longest run I’d done in a month.
I’m trying really hard to not beat the crap out of myself for allowing my training to be derailed. The Disneyland half marathon is in 2 weeks and I know I’m supposed to start tapering but I’m toying with the idea of scheduling myself a 10 mile run for next weekend.
Do you think I should do a 10 miler next weekend?
Do you have a “way back” machine I can borrow?
What’s on the agenda today?