I was awake at 7:30 and decided I would go through with my 3 mile run!
Since I haven’t run since the Disneyland half marathon, it took me awhile to locate all my running gear. But before long, I was outside ready for the challenge of a first run since my injury. First thing I noticed is the weather is a lot cooler in the mornings now than what it was when I was training just a month ago!
Some random thoughts during today’s run:
- OMG, I can’t breathe. I hate how quickly the lungs get out of shape. It’s only been a month, though. WTH!?!
- Seriously, I sound like someone who has never run before, I’m going to wake up the neighborhood with this heavy breathing-NOT sexy.
- Wow, the entire side of that roof is tiled in solar panels. I thought that was against HOA?!
- Yeap, there’s the ache in my leg, exactly where it was for Disneyland. This blows.
- Why did I say 3 miles instead of 1 mile?!
- That is an awful lot of pigeons in the middle of the park. Nasty birds. Hasn’t anyone figured out a way to make those vial creatures go extinct??
- I’m sorry, Katy Perry, but I am nothing like a firework right now but thanks for thinking of me, girl!!
- These new shoes make my feet sore.
- Poor girl, if she got a better running bra she wouldn’t have to hold down the girls while she ran.
- So excited for my coffee date with M this morning…I hope I don’t require a wheelchair to get in and out of the building.
- K is gonna be mad at me if I’m limping all over the house later today..I did promise not to hurt myself! Whoops!
- Perhaps it’s not the shoes making my feet sore but the fact I haven’t run in a month?
I ran/walked 3 miles in 42:11 minutes, a 14:03 minute
mule mile pace. I’m gonna shower and tape up my leg to see if that helps in any way.
How did your Sunday run go?
Do you meet your friends for coffee dates?
Are pigeons an issue in your neck of the woods?