Something rare happened at work today..I finished up early and thought, “If I leave now, I could get a run in!!” I instantly got butterflies in my tummy as I quickly grabbed all my stuff and headed towards the door!!!
I was home in no time flat…you know, because my commute is super short now. I dressed, loaded up my water belt and out the door I went. It’s a cool 85* here in Phoenix, gorgeous, bearable running weather!!
For today’s run, I laced up my old Pearl iZumi’s and my feet felt like they were home. You know what I mean?? They felt great on my feet, like they were made for me!
Didn’t take long to get lost in my thoughts…
- Shoes feel good, but I can definitely feel where my big toes have made indents in the shoes.
- Walking pace is a lot faster than it was a week ago..feelin’ good. Muscles in my left leg definitely feel less tense.
- I bet people on the east coast would consider 85* too warm to run in and here I am, thinking this is perfect!
- Running pace is definitely faster, but there’s that pain again.
- The half marathon is 2 weeks from Sunday..I don’t see that I’m going to get in a long run before then. Maybe a 10 mile walk on Sunday to prepare?
- A 10 mile walk, are you insane?? I’d rather run and suffer than walk…
- Okay…maybe no rehearsal run for this race and just go prepared to walk the course..
- Interesting, when I try to focus on my form, the pain is noticeable. When I just lose myself in the run, I don’t feel as much pain. Wonder what that’s about?!
- Maybe I should do some Pilates tomorrow and give my legs a nice good stretch.
I ran/walked 2.13 miles in 27:01 minutes, a 12:41 pace. Last Wednesday, I did 1.79 miles in about 28 minutes, a 15:31 pace. As you can see, there is vast improvement from last week!
All in all, I’d sum up the run as this!
After the run I immediately stretched and it really seemed to release the tension I was feeling in my left leg. As I write this post, I am following Yo Momma‘s tips to ice my foot!
Do you get excited to go for a run?
Any fun plans for the weekend?
Have you ever done a half marathon you weren’t prepared for?